2009-03-27

February has come and gone -

Man - where did that month go? I was sick I think the whole month! Now that we are all healthy in this house - knock on wood - I feel like updating my blog!
So - most of you know that I really could care less about Valentine's day - I think its a commercial holiday and it's really something fun for the kids. I would rather get flowers, or go out to dinner because it's "insert any old day of the week here" not because Hallmark tells you to do something special. It feels too contrived. However, I know that it is a special day for many people (my Mom and Jennifer, Krista) so I try to be sensitive to that. This year my Mom and Jennifer were here, so we planned a really nice dinner at home - at a fraction of the price I might add! When I got home, Mike and Kaitlyn surprised me with some flowers. I love flowers! These weren't your average grabbed from a grocery store bucket flowers - they were handmade and so thoughtful! THIS is what Valentine's should be about. I was so touched and it is something that I will cherish forever!
You can see pics in the slideshow to the left.
We made King crab legs and filet Mignon - steamed asparagus, garlic Parmesan mashed potatoes and I ate everything! I was so full - man, I love food!
All in all it was a great day!

No comments: