2008-05-16

Our music loving exchange student.

Today I woke up with a migraine. For those of you who don't know what they are, or what they feel like I will try to describe. Upon opening your eyes in the morning (which is when I usually get them) it feels like someone (and you're pretty sure it was a sumo wrestler or equivalent) had their way with your brain. It is most of the time excruciating pain, with marvelous side effects like sensitivity to light, sound, motion, and vomiting. Sometimes I will have "flashes" in my eyes - like someone is taking a million pictures of me. I understand what Britney must see everyday.

Today - no flashes just pain. LOTS OF PAIN. I tried using my tens unit, I tried massage, I tried popping my neck, I tried rubbing analgesic cream on my neck, shoulders and temples, coffee, water all the while knowing that nothing was going to help. When I wake up with a migraine there is nothing I can do but ride it out. If, on the rare occasion, I get one during the day a cold pack to my neck and some Advil will usually stop it. Luckily it was my day off. Now my normally compassionate, charming dear sweet husband - (insert eye roll here (thanks Monique)) could care less that I didn't feel well. It was my day to take care of Kaitlyn and come hell or high water I was not going to interfere with what he had planned. Sigh. Such is the life of a Mom - or should I say a stay at home Mom who's husband is also there. Oh well.

I drug myself out of bed to take her for pizza (which is all she wants lately so I guess I'll be stocking up on frozen pizza's again). Shortly after our arrival she promptly spills her "nemonade" on her lap and the floor. Sigh again. She didn't get that wet so we finished eating (it was delicious by the way). In the middle of eating she starts singing "Are you gonna be by girl" by Jet. VERY LOUDLY. "Ahem (clearing throat) Go!!So 1, 2, 3, come with me because you look so fine and i really wanna make you mine....Big black boots, long brown hair, she's so sweet with her get back stare. Well I could see, you home to me, but you were with another man, yea! I know we, ain't got much to say, before I let you get away, yea! I said, are you gonna be my girl?" I was cracking up! She was bobbing her head and dancing and squinting her face! I couldn't have been more proud! If there is one thing that I want my daughter to learn is a love and appreciation for music. If you want to hear the song its on my play list.

I came home to sleep off the remainder of my migraine which was intermittent at best. I must have dozed off and I hear Kaitlyn come in the room and say "mommy look". I open my eyes and this is what I saw:

I immediately started to laugh and grabbed the camera. I shall call her Katelina and she shall be mine!

Meet Katelina our newest member of the family!

Katelina noticing the "dot" on her forehead....
I sent her to the bathroom to wash her hands. I had already washed the dot off her head but she decided it wasn't good enough.

This is what happened next:





Its hard to see the bubbles that are in her hair -but trust me they are there!
So I guess the crappy day ended alright! It's always nice to end it with a smile! :-)

Well, have a great night hopefully I will too!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

First of all even though your day turned out good it's mornings like the one you were having that you say man I'm so glad Sarah is my neighbor and you CALL ME and say Sarah can you take my kid I feel like CRAP and I say yes I would love to. Second of all if you are into Tony's they are on sale 5 for 10 although I think they are always that price at walmart. Third of all your kid is so stinking cute! We need to get together soon.

Christy said...

I should have called you. My brain wasn't working. I will next time! :-)

Tony's on sale at Safeway?
I got SUCH the deals at Michaels today (remember it was Friends and Family day)! WHOO-HOO go me! :-)
ttyl

Sarah said...

I love the cherry's it suits you very well.

jamizzle said...

OK so im going to comment bout all the blogs (to save some time), my niece is something else, I love her and she's growing so fast. As 4 the tricked out jeep DAAAANNNG i want an IPOD ready stereo toot lol soon i will have 1. Love and miss u all can't wait to c all of u again.

Monique said...

LOL! At least she wanted to wash it off instead of live it with it forever like Zoe would do! Ummmmm......I get migraines, too.......doozy ones. Ouch. Migraines and little ones are a disastrous combination. I have this stuff that dissolves on my tongue that at least clears away my wonky-vision issues (I swear I literally go HALF blind and get fuzzy vision in the other half of my field of vision). And, by the way, like Sarah mentioned: This is why you have neighbors! ;)

Christy said...

I used to have the dissolving pills too - zomega? or something like that but my prescription ran out when I was pregnant and I never went back to get a new one. Looks like I need to plan a date w/ my doc.

Thanks for offering, I will call next time! :-)